Answered

playbar works but surround play 3 speakers don't

• 29 September 2013
  • 223 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

223 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I am having a similar problem. My 2 play3s do not have sound from my tv, but my sound bar is working fine. I checked that surround was on and made sure everything was updated. I also checked for a beta update, but there was none available. My diagnostic number is 3507670
Hi User347343,

Looks like you already spoke with our Customer Care team and got this resolved. You're surrounds were turned down too low and worked great once turned up. Please let us know if anything further comes up.

Thanks
Hi mark, I've got the same issue with fluttering surround play 1s SonosID111309971 Jon
same problem 3571657
Hello - I am having the same problem as well with no surround sound while watching tv and nothing happens when I change settings. Diognostic # 3368184. Thanks for the help!
I have the same problem. My play bar works with the TV but my surround play 1 speakers don't. Please advise
Hello - I am having the same problem as well with no surround sound while watching tv and nothing happens when I change settings. Diognostic # 3368184. Thanks for the help!
Same issue. confirmation # is 3673548
Hello,

If you're experiencing an issue where the TV sound doesn't have the surround speakers active, but playing music works fine there is a patch available which will boost the sound. This is for a specific issue which we can identify if you submit a diagnostic for us. 

Please reply back to this thread with your confirmation number and we can check if you're experiencing this issue and flag you for the update if it's applicable.

Cheers.

3722564 thank you!
Hi Ryan. Same problem for me with two play 1's and a playbar. My diagnostics no is 3321455
3722564 thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
@Stephen, if you're still having trouble I'd recommend giving us a call on our Customer Care line. 

@User356335, looks like you've already worked with our support team and resolved this. Seems you only had the one PLAY:1 so it couldn't pair as a surround properly. 
Mike, low audio levels on surround for TV output as well. No betas available. 3774873.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The Open Beta from January was for version 4.3 which was released. The newest version of the software, 5.0, also includes the fluttering issue.

If you're surround speakers are really quiet, you can turn them up under Room Settings > PLAYBAR > Surrounds.

If you think the audio isn't quite right, I'd recommend giving us a call so a technician can take a closer look at the system.
Hi, I have the same problem. And I have file the diagnose number 4890870, anyone can help to take a look?

Thanks,
I am having the same issue. Surrounds do not work while watching tv but work fine when watching netflix or streaming movies
Same issue...4917293
Hi, I'm having the same problem as mentioned above. I can't hear my surround sound speakers and I just bought them in 2015. I ran a diagnostic and the number is 4920914.
thank you
There answer is that it won't work. Only works with a dolby digital 5.1 signal. So basically only when you're watching a DVD or blueray... because even digital cable doesn't have 5.1 surround
Got it. thanks for your reply!!
hello ryan. my Play 1 is also having trouble

my diagnostic number is 4942979
Hello,
I have the same issue.
Playbar + Sub + 2xPlay:1.
But only Playbar works.
No surround sound.

Funny thing is that when I adjust volume on the Play:1 that works, but no sound from the Play:1.

Diagnostic is 4984296
It's cause your signal isn't in dolby digital format.
Thanks for the answer Nfeldhouse. But what to do now? I did connect with the optical cable and I'm playing Netflix on a Sony Bravia and also Spotify from my iPhone. Obviously there must be "dolby digital format" sound there.
You'll have to go into the tv settings and check the audio format and ensure its on the dolby digital format. As for you're spotify...if you're using the sonos app it should be playing out of all of them..you may have to go into the settings on your sonos, advanced settings, and manually adjust the volume of the L+R+ Surround speakers
Same issue as described above - music is fine with my setup - Playbar, sub, and 2 Play3s. The Play3s do not work with the TV or Bluray - have verified all settings.

I have the same problem with my Sonos system.
Diagnostics number 4999188.

I have Playbar and 2 Play:3s, TV Samsung.
TuneIn radio plays loud at suround speakers set to 50% but tv needs Play 3s set to >90%.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I believe Ryan recommends giving them a call if any issues following later software releases.
Badge
5018884 thanks