Playbar + SUB + Play 1 for one surround, Play 3 for the other

• 14 May 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge
I just bought a playbar + SUB for the family room TV setup and would like to buy 2 surrounds to complete the 5.1 setup.

A friend is willing to sell me his single Play1 and single Play3 for a really good price ($200 total), so I'm certainly going to take it.

As the topic suggests, I want to know if using a Play1 for one surround and a Play3 for the other will result in 1 side sounding louder than the other. I would guess that the Playbar will recognize the setup and adjust for this.

I know that the Play3 may be a waste of a larger speaker when watching TV, but I think it would be great to have as a versatile speaker for music+entertaining.

Do I buy a second Play1 or just use the Play3 as one of the rear surrounds?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I would guess that the Playbar will recognize the setup and adjust for this.

Do I buy a second Play1 or just use the Play3 as one of the rear surrounds?

I am pretty sure this will not be recognised. Get a second play 1 and release the 3 for what it is better suited - music in a small space like a kitchen or bedroom.
Kumar is correct. You can't use dissimilar models as surrounds. They must match.