Answered

Playbar stopped working

• 21 November 2017
  • 2 replies

My playbar has disappeared from my app and does not play the TV either. However my Play 3 still works. Could the player need replacing?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 November 2017, 05:07

Well, sure, that's a possibility, but probably a relatively slight one. The first thing I'd do is reboot it. Unplug it from the power, wait 15 seconds, then plug it back in.

Then, try plugging an ethernet cable between the PLAYBAR and router, and see if it shows up then. If it only shows up when connected with an ethernet cable connected, I'd run a diagnostic of your system, and call in to Sonos and discuss it directly.

But I suspect that a simple reboot of the PLAYBAR will likely "fix" it. Might be worth rebooting your router while the PLAYBAR is unplugged as well, and let the router come back up before plugging in the power to the PLAYBAR.

But at the end of the day, there's a computer inside every Sonos speaker. A small one, to be sure, but it is sensitive to all the things that your regular computer is, specifically power surges, so they can fail. But it's pretty rare for that to happen.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Well, sure, that's a possibility, but probably a relatively slight one. The first thing I'd do is reboot it. Unplug it from the power, wait 15 seconds, then plug it back in.

Then, try plugging an ethernet cable between the PLAYBAR and router, and see if it shows up then. If it only shows up when connected with an ethernet cable connected, I'd run a diagnostic of your system, and call in to Sonos and discuss it directly.

But I suspect that a simple reboot of the PLAYBAR will likely "fix" it. Might be worth rebooting your router while the PLAYBAR is unplugged as well, and let the router come back up before plugging in the power to the PLAYBAR.

But at the end of the day, there's a computer inside every Sonos speaker. A small one, to be sure, but it is sensitive to all the things that your regular computer is, specifically power surges, so they can fail. But it's pretty rare for that to happen.
Perfect thank you that worked!!!