Question

Playbar/Sony TV/Sky remote

• 24 March 2013
  • 55 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

55 replies

Userlevel 1
You're more than welcome...glad to know it works for you. Enjoy!
Eric, this completely worked! Thanks ever so much for this, much appreciated!
Userlevel 1
I actually just found a solution. From with the Sony TV Remote - press Home -> Options -> Sound. You're going to want to select the Audio Out option and ensure it's set to Variable and not Fixed. For whatever reason, you can only change the Audio Out option from Fixed to Variable and vice versa when the Headphone/Audio Out option is set to Audio Out and not Headphones. Hope this helps - always feels better to fix your own problem and hope others can benefit as well.
Userlevel 1
I'm having the same problem with my Sony Bravia TV. The sound from the Playbar works just fine, but every time I adjust the volume up and down with my remote, the volume on the Playbar will change, but an alert message pops up on the TV that reads "TV Volume is Fixed." I went to the options on the Sony TV and switched the Speakers option back to TV from Audio System and the Playbar no longer works, but the error message goes away. Clearly the TV is alerting me that the "TV Volume is Fixed" when it's set to "Audio System." Any idea how to avoid this? It's not the end of the world but it's terribly annoying.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hello James, To try and eliminate that message you can try the steps in the attached SONOS Answer. It will cover some of the steps that can be taken to try and remove that messaging. If you have any further questions let us know and have a good day. Answer Title: Eliminating annoying messages on your TV with your Cable, TV, or Set Top Box Remote Answer Link: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2015