Answered

PLAYBAR - Revert Back to Music When TV is Off

• 24 September 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi all!

Question for the brains trust...

At the moment when I'm playing music (through Spotify) on my group of speakers, if I turn the TV on Sonos sensibly ungroups the playbar in order to play the TV sound through it, whilst continuing the music on all the other speakers. However when I turn the TV OFF, the playbar doesn't rejoin the group playing music, and just sits there in silence until I go into the app to rejoin it together.

Is there a way to make the playbar regroup with the other speakers and continue playing music when the TV is turned off?

Thanks for your help!

S
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 September 2019, 04:29

There currently is not an "autoplay" function for other inputs than the TV.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
If you long press the play/pause button on the Playbar it will pick up the stream from the other speakers, very handy as it works on all speakers.

Easier than getting your phone out.
Ah I didn't know that! That is very helpful! Ideally though there would be a way to do this automatically, has anyone heard of a way to do this?
There currently is not an "autoplay" function for other inputs than the TV.
Ah no worries, one day maybe, thanks Bruce!
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Ideally though there would be a way to do this automatically, has anyone heard of a way to do this?
Not sure if it will be a solution, but I’m using a Harmony remote to control my tv and home cinema. Harmony can control Sonos as well, not all functions though.
When I switch on my tv via the remote, it will automatically stop playing the music in the living room. I can also make it start the music when switching off the tv, although I’ve not set it up that way.
Ooh great idea Maurice, I will look into that! Thanks for the tip 😃
Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Autoplay target needs to revert to its original content after autoplay is finished. Very simple, yet even on the new Port unit does not happen. Come on SONOS!