Answered

PLAYBAR - Revert Back to Music When TV is Off

• 24 September 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi all!

Question for the brains trust...

At the moment when I'm playing music (through Spotify) on my group of speakers, if I turn the TV on Sonos sensibly ungroups the playbar in order to play the TV sound through it, whilst continuing the music on all the other speakers. However when I turn the TV OFF, the playbar doesn't rejoin the group playing music, and just sits there in silence until I go into the app to rejoin it together.

Is there a way to make the playbar regroup with the other speakers and continue playing music when the TV is turned off?

Thanks for your help!

S
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 September 2019, 04:29

There currently is not an "autoplay" function for other inputs than the TV.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
If you long press the play/pause button on the Playbar it will pick up the stream from the other speakers, very handy as it works on all speakers.

Easier than getting your phone out.
Ah I didn't know that! That is very helpful! Ideally though there would be a way to do this automatically, has anyone heard of a way to do this?
There currently is not an "autoplay" function for other inputs than the TV.
Ah no worries, one day maybe, thanks Bruce!
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Ideally though there would be a way to do this automatically, has anyone heard of a way to do this?
Not sure if it will be a solution, but I’m using a Harmony remote to control my tv and home cinema. Harmony can control Sonos as well, not all functions though.
When I switch on my tv via the remote, it will automatically stop playing the music in the living room. I can also make it start the music when switching off the tv, although I’ve not set it up that way.
Ooh great idea Maurice, I will look into that! Thanks for the tip 😃
Userlevel 1
Badge

Autoplay target needs to revert to its original content after autoplay is finished. Very simple, yet even on the new Port unit does not happen. Come on SONOS!