Playbar position

• 16 April 2018
  • 6 replies

I would like to buy a Sonos Soundbar, but my question is if can set up the positin of the bar in the back of the sofa and not in the front where is the tv. Can I do this? The sound quality will be good? Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The only physical limitation is that you would need to run a TOSLink cable from your TV to your Playbar or Playbase. The downside from an Audio perspective is that the Playbar and Playbase are designed to be your Front Left, Centre & Front Right speakers and you will have them at the back of your seating position.
I would go as far as to say this is a completely crazy idea, and you should abandon it immediately.
I agree with John B. The sound quality will not be good at all.

Not only would the sound be from totally the wrong direction (i.e. disassociated from the TV picture), and the frequency response lousy (look what evolution has done to the shape of the ear), but the channels would be reversed unless you make things even worse by firing the PLAYBAR away from the back of the sofa.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
I guess he has reasons for this question, isn't he?
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
This is a terrible idea, do not do this - it will only result in massive disappointment
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I guess he has reasons for this question, isn't he?

Doesn’t have permission from the wife is most likely.