Playbar optical cable connection when wall mounting unit?

• 26 January 2018
  • 5 replies

I'm in the process of wall mounting my sonos playbar and while working through it I have come up with a few issues that I'm hoping others have solved. The first is when you wall mount the unit, the standard optical cable when plugged into the playbar sticks out past the bottom which doesn't look very good. I purchased an optical elbow, but now when I try run the optical cable through the small hole in the middle of the wall mount bracket, I'm unable to bend the optical cable enough to get a flush mount. Has anyone solved this optical cable problem?
Also, does sonos have a cover for the cable connection area that can be installed when wall mounted so that none of the cable connections are visible?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I have the exact same issue… See picture. Have tried with three different optical cables and an elbow - same thing. Please let us know a solution!
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Maybe try a thinner optical cable, to give you more flexibility? My bar is mounted above the tv, so i have no real-life experience of the issue, so sorry if I'm no help lol
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
I have the exact same issue… See picture. Have tried with three different optical cables and an elbow - same thing. Please let us know a solution! Could you not have the cables drop straight down the middle, and get some self-adhesive conduit to stick to the wall? You already have wires dangling at the end, but a bit of conduit would tidy it right up
Search Google/Amazon/eBay for iec320 c7 angle plug & toslink angle adapter.
That was the first thing I noticed when mounting my sound bar also. I was looking at angled adapters but it seems like that plus the audio cable would hit the wall. This is the best I've found, pricey though https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M5DRAPJ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_PybBCbPJ6FGZ6