Answered

playbar issues since update this week

• 25 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

HAs anyone else had issue wit the playbar sound going “choppy” since applying the latest update - Im having to repower the sound bar every day when we first switch on TV , it then comes back fine. Tried just repowering the TV and that made no difference so its something on the playbar side of things. Only started this week since latest update. (Playbar is set up with 2 x play 1s and a sub).

thanks.

icon

Best answer by ukoberon 12 May 2020, 17:22

Hi John G - thanks for reply - the issue was eventually resolved by rebooting the 2 x play 1s and sub that the playbar is grouped with - had no repeats since then. I had originally rebooted the playbar and i was sure it wasnt the TV.

thanks anyway.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@ukoberon Sorry for the slow reply and thank you for bringing your concerns to us in the Sonos Community. Is the issue strictly with the TV audio or with streaming a music service like Sonos Radio, TuneIn, Pandora or Spotify or both? How do you have the TV connected to your Playbar? What is the TM make and model number? Also, what is the TV audio out format? Is it PCM or Dolby as we do not want it as Auto, DTS or Bitstream as the format? After confirming the above information then test the TV with a movie channel and then with a streaming music service for 30+ minutes to the Playbar. I would then ask that you follow up to use here with an updated diagnostic report number.

If you are still experiencing the choppy audio then power off/on your TV and the Playbar from the outlet(s) for 15 seconds. When everything is re-booted please re-do the TV and streaming music audio test and create another diagnostic report number and reply here with the results and both report numbers.

If you are just having TV audio issues we can focus on the TV, its setting, the source like a cable box, and the connection from the TV to the Playbar. If the audio is with both TV and streaming then we have a different direction to go and gather more information.

Badge

Hi John G - thanks for reply - the issue was eventually resolved by rebooting the 2 x play 1s and sub that the playbar is grouped with - had no repeats since then. I had originally rebooted the playbar and i was sure it wasnt the TV.

thanks anyway.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@ukoberon Thank you for the follow up information and that you are back to working with your Sonos system. Please feel free to reach out to us here in the Sonos Community with future questions or troubleshooting needs.