Answered

playbar disappears from app control

• 11 June 2019
  • 7 replies

Hello... I hope someone can help. I have a playbar and woofer connected to my tv and it works fine. I have several play 1 speakers in my room also. I had the playbar and all 4 speakers all controlled on the app, then one day the playbar disappeared from the app and now I can't connect the TV sound to my other speakers... or my playbar to music playing on the other speakers.

This happened before, sonos did an update and they all came back... after a few days, the playbar disappeared again.

Help!

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Chris 11 June 2019, 03:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @jonhackett, thank you for the update.

I checked the diagnostic, the Sonos system is using two systems. 

An Asus network router and a Google network router.

I would like to know the model of the Asus and Google routers; so I can check if your Asus router is a RT Series router and if we have a known issue.

If you’re using a Google Mesh system; I would like to know how many Google routers you have as well.

We would need to check the Network setup, you have.

Update us with the information.

Hi @jonhackett, welcome to the community.

I would like to take a look at your Sonos system, please take a diagnostic from the Sonos app and post the confirmation here.

Setting > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic.

This will give us a clue of what’s happening to the Playbar.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Your confirmation number is: 1585557573.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @jonhackett, welcome to the community.

I would like to take a look at your Sonos system, please take a diagnostic from the Sonos app and post the confirmation here.

Setting > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic.

This will give us a clue of what’s happening to the Playbar.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

I’m having this issue regularly since the S2 update. My Wifi and location of my Playbar have both been the same for over 7 years. This is new and somewhat random.

What’s consistent is it plays audio from the TV but then I have no volume control and it’s always super loud when this happens. It will vanish from the Sonos mobile and desktop apps. Nothing fixes it unless I unplug and replug in the Playbar, but that is a pain in the ass since the outlet is behind a huge piece of heavy furniture. 

I’m using a Google Wifi (mesh router) it’s literally 5 inches from the Playbar. It doesn’t have an extra ethernet port otherwise I’d hard wire it.

Plugging the sound bar into the router didn’t work for me. But I have managed to fix so wanted to share with others. My issue of the playbar dropping came after switching WiFi routers. My play 1 and play 5 in other rooms were fine but everytime I added the playbar , sub and surrounds it would show on the app and work with tv but wouldn’t play music nor could you group with other speakers. After trying and failing, the playbar would drop and I’d have to start again. I set up 5 times and still had the same issue. Despite removing the speakers from old WiFi and removing from my known WiFi networks on my phone. I found it still showing in the Sonos app. 

settings - networks - networks

then delete your old network if still showing! All fixed !

That worked...thanks Chris!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Try plugging the playbar or sub into your router via ethernet. See if it comes back up in App after plugged in a few minutes. If it does then go to settings...advanced...wifi setup and enter your wifi info again before moving back to where it belongs.