Answered

Playbar Cutting Out TV Audio

• 18 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hey Guys,

Wanting to know if anyone knows what could be causing my Playbar to be frequently giving an unsupported TV Audio message and also occasionally playing 5.1 audio without the centre channel? You can hear all surround effects but no talking?

I have done the whole unplug everything and plug it back in. I have connected devices directly to the Playbar instead of through my optical switch and the issue still happens intermittently. It happens with both a Foxtel IQ4 plugged directly into the Playbar as well as my Apple TV 4K through my TV.

All settings are in Dolby 5.1 and this all worked great up until last week. It will literally be fine one minute than drop out the next. The playbar is ethernet connected directly to the router if that helps.

As I have isolated this issue to the Playbar, the only thing I can think left to try is possibly a different set of optical cables. Can anyone from Sonos have a look at this diagnostic? 61818235.
icon

Best answer by Edward R 18 February 2019, 13:40

Hi, billiejoe87. Thanks for posting your query. As you have tried a multitude of connections, I think you've successfully narrowed it down to the PLAYBAR. I think it might be an idea to try a Factory Reset on the PLAYBAR itself and see if that resolves the issue. You can then add it back. Please test further and let us know if there's any improvement.

A note to our users: Please do not perform a Factory Reset unless expressly advised by a Sonos representative.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, billiejoe87. Thanks for posting your query. As you have tried a multitude of connections, I think you've successfully narrowed it down to the PLAYBAR. I think it might be an idea to try a Factory Reset on the PLAYBAR itself and see if that resolves the issue. You can then add it back. Please test further and let us know if there's any improvement.

A note to our users: Please do not perform a Factory Reset unless expressly advised by a Sonos representative.