Answered

Playbar crackling sound

• 19 January 2016
  • 36 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Couple of suggestions. First, check your TV's software, and make sure it's up to date. Second, within 10 minutes of getting this crackling issue, submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at.
I have had my playbar for just about two weeks now and I have been having a crackling issues the entire time. It is not constant it comes and goes for about five min at a time. I tried a new optical cord but that did not resolve issue. I have a brand new lg oled that I bought the same time as the play bar. The noise will get louder with the volume. Any ideas?
My playbar has a static and crackling sound when watching TV. I've only had it a month. Here is my diagnostic #8262397. Thank you for your help
Hi there, jayyappan2331:

Please submit a diagnostic report and be sure to reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end. I'd be happy to take a look at what is going on.
Hi! I am facing the same issue on my playbar. The programming is paused so there should be silence. I do not have a 5.1 setup, the playbar is set up to play by itself. Let me know if I should submit diagnostics.
Hi Sasho

Whats the make and model of your TV?

Thanks
My player started cracking about a month ago when Netflix or Amazon Video is on pause or when you are switching it off. Rather annoying, likely to be from one of the last updates?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
The only other source I have hooked up is Apple TV and that works great with no audio issues.
We noticed you are working with our Technical Support Team already under reference: 160123-002547
Badge +1
When I bought my original Playbar, one year ago, I had frequent (every 30 secs or so) clicking. Got in contact with Sonos tech help, they performed some diagnostic where I emailed them a recording of the clicks. And the Playbar was replaced. Contact the technical support I've always found them really helpful. Hope you get it sorted.
The only other source I have hooked up is Apple TV and that works great with no audio issues.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Are all other sources fine?

If it's just the one source it would suggest a problem with that source for the audio. Otherwise if ALL sources are displaying that issue I'd give Sonos Help a call