Answered

Playbar. Crackling noise

• 5 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Whilst watching blue planet 2, my playbar has been intermittently making a crackling noise. Playbar is connected by optical lead to LG OLED tv
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 5 November 2017, 22:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Whilst watching blue planet 2, my playbar has been intermittently making a crackling noise. Playbar is connected by optical lead to LG OLED tv
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
We had Blue Planet 2 on with no issues (just for reference), Playbar/ Sub/ Play1's.
Userlevel 7
Sorry for not being a bit clearer. It’s the tv providing the input . I have noticed it a couple of times today when using the tv.

OK..thanks for the clarification. As the connection from your TV to Playbar is direct (i.e. not over wireless) I'd try the following:

1. Unplug the TV and Playbar for 30 seconds and then reconnect them. TV first then Playbar.
2. If no joy..Use a different Optical cable
3. If that doesn't resolve the problem perform a factory reset on the TV. The downside is by doing so you will loose all of your personal settings and possibly any apps you have installed.
4. Next you have two options:
4a. Submit a diagnostic to Sonos and post the ID in this forum. If you can't wait for a response....
4b. Perform a factory reset on the Playbar. The downside is the same as with the TV if you have been storing playlists on the Playbar they will be lost.

Good luck.
Userlevel 2
Sorry for not being a bit clearer. It’s the tv providing the input . I have noticed it a couple of times today when using the tv.
Userlevel 7
I have no idea what Blue Planet 2 is. Not to be anal...but is that the only video that the crackling noise occurs on? If so it's not the Playbar...it's the source material.