Question

Playbar Connected - But No Sound

• 26 December 2016
  • 1 reply

I have Vizio M70-C3 TV. I have connected the sound bar but there is no sound coming from the Playbar.

I see the Playbar in the Sonos App and I can play music to it.
I unplugged the optical cable at the Playbar and it has a red light.
I set the digital out to bitstream on the TV
On the desktop App I selected the source as TV for the Playbar.

The set up program seemed to go OK. The first time I did it I had PCM listed as output on the TV and setup reported it could not communicate with the TV. When I changed it to bitstream it reported that it could.

The TV is a 2015 model. The Playbar is connected by wired Ethernet.

I don't see any reason that the Playbar should not be working unless it is defective in some respect. Before sending back I wanted to see if there were any suggestions.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have Vizio M70-C3 TV. I have connected the sound bar but there is no sound coming from the Playbar.

I see the Playbar in the Sonos App and I can play music to it.
I unplugged the optical cable at the Playbar and it has a red light.
I set the digital out to bitstream on the TV
On the desktop App I selected the source as TV for the Playbar.

The set up program seemed to go OK. The first time I did it I had PCM listed as output on the TV and setup reported it could not communicate with the TV. When I changed it to bitstream it reported that it could.

The TV is a 2015 model. The Playbar is connected by wired Ethernet.

I don't see any reason that the Playbar should not be working unless it is defective in some respect. Before sending back I wanted to see if there were any suggestions.

Thanks.

Hi kgw,

Does your PLAYBAR play music form sources other than your TV? Please submit a diagnostic report from your system when the TV is on and then reply with the confirmation number.