Answered

Playbar - Choppy sound

• 5 February 2019
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Prominent Collaborator I
  • 55 replies
I have a sound problem with my Playbar, apparently only with TV and not when I'm listen to music. There is a choppy sound, also in my two Sonos:1 (surround) and I have to unplug the Playbar and reconnect it to stop this problem. This happens about every two to three days. This is really annoying...
icon

Best answer by Cococo 27 February 2019, 14:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Hello! It seems that the problem is solved. I've done a hard reset with the Playbar, but still the same problem. So, I desactivated the 5ghz and kept only 2.4 ghz and there, miracle, it seems that it works ... wait and see (excuse me my bad english :$)
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
[quote=Cococo]New diagnostic : 1026668856

Thanks, this report came through properly. I don't see any specific errors which would explain the choppy audio. Can you try bypassing your TV by wiring the optical connection from the Playbar directly into your cable box? Do you still hear the choppy audio in this setup?

Same problem with this configuration... Diagnostic : 2017521350
This configuration was made with another optical cable, so the cable is not the problem...

Thanks for trying. At this point it would be best to have our phone team take a look at this live. Please give us a call, our phone number can be found here.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
[quote=Cococo]New diagnostic : 1026668856

Thanks, this report came through properly. I don't see any specific errors which would explain the choppy audio. Can you try bypassing your TV by wiring the optical connection from the Playbar directly into your cable box? Do you still hear the choppy audio in this setup?

Same problem with this configuration... Diagnostic : 2017521350
This configuration was made with another optical cable, so the cable is not the problem...
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
New diagnostic : 1026668856

Thanks. Ok I'll try this but it's not a solution for me because I would not have the sound of Sonos on my TV for Youtube, external hard drive discs, etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Edward R! It’s a Playbar so I’m connected with optical on my tv. The number of the diagnostic is : 1247920718. Thanks in advance
Hi, Cococo. Is it possible that the audio format of the television is changing, thus causing this? Are you connected via optical or HDMI-ARC? Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. Many thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. Unfortunately it came through with some formatting errors. Can you send a new one in and reply here with the number?
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Hi Edward R! It’s a Playbar so I’m connected with optical on my tv. The number of the diagnostic is : 1247920718. Thanks in advance
Hi, Cococo. Is it possible that the audio format of the television is changing, thus causing this? Are you connected via optical or HDMI-ARC? Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. Many thanks in advance.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Userlevel 7
Badge +20