Answered

playbar blown driver

• 20 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi I have got blown drivers in my play bar that’s just 7 years old can I change it?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 June 2021, 10:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Adamsfx 

You can get a 30% discount on an out-of-warranty replacement Playbar - just give our technical support team a call.

If you log in at sonos.com/login and go to the Upgrade section, you will also be able to activate a 15% discount for an Arc (or any other product, including bundles).

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Another option is to source a dead Playbar eg on eBay (most fail due to power or wifi death), and take the part you need from the donor device. Also gives you a chance to practice Playbar disassembly / reassembly which is a challenge by all accounts. Good luck.

These are custom manufactured drivers. SONOS does not sell parts. Perhaps you could find something similar on the market if you know the driver characteristics. I haven’t looked anywhere, it is possible that someone has measured a working driver and published its characteristics.