Answered

Playbar and Surround Sound

• 16 April 2018
  • 8 replies

My playbar is working with the TV but not showing up on my app....my surround sound speakers (2 Play 1's) not working or showing up on app but have a white light and keeps saying speakers have already been set up. Just want it to work!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 18 April 2018, 01:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I bought a Playbar. Before bringing it home, I set it up at my office just to try it out. When I brought it home it was 'lost' to the wifi at home. It was because it was already set up at the office. I reset the Playbar. Pressed the + and > button at the same time for a few seconds (something like that). It then appeared as a new speaker and I set it up. Could this be the issue?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the diagnostic report, tanyah123. Seems the PLAYBAR is even missing from the diagnostic report altogether. Is it possible to plug this device into the router using an Ethernet cable? After doing so, please submit another diagnostic report and I will be happy to take a closer look at the PLAYBAR and what the cause of this could be.

Thanks again!
Still no playbar. Sent diagnostics 439574978
OK here are a few things you could try, if you have already tried powering off and on...

1. Power off your router and all Sonos components. Power router back on, then each Sonos component one by one. Does the Playbar reappear?
2. Temporarily wire one of your other speakers by Ethernet to your router, power cycle the Playbar and see if it reappears (then post back here)
3. If practical, connect the Playbar by Ethernet to your router.

If none of those works, submit a system diagnostic and post the confirmation number back here (you'll find this in Advanced Settings)
Purlely wifi!
So at one point all three 'rooms' were visible, and Living Room has just disappeared? Have you tried simply powering off the Playbar and P:1s, and then back on?

Are any of your components wired to your router, or are you in purely wifi mode?
I have a front room and a kitchen those are 2 separate speakers for playing music. The playbar and Surround speakers were in "Living Room" but now living room isn't showing up with the sound bar and LS & RS
It probably is working. If you have bonded the Play:1s to the Playbar as surrounds then they don't appear separately in the app - they have become part of the Playbar 'room'. If you are listening to TV programs then they probably aren't in surround sound so it would be perfectly normal to hear nothing through the rear speakers.

To check they are working, go into the app, Settings, Room Settings for the Playbar, Advanced Audio, Surround Settings. Make sure 'Music Playback' is set to FULL. Then play a music source.

Edit: sorry just reread - the Playbar itself is not in app? That is, you have no rooms in the app?