Playbar and Smart TV apps/audio

• 26 March 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
My 84-year old father is tired of his Bose system for his TV. He's getting the Playbar and the Sub (the playbase will not work with his TV -- the base of the TV is too wide for the playbase, and a replacement stand will make it too heavy).

I will set up his FiOS box into the TV's HDMI 1, and his AppleTV into HDMI 2. My question is about the audio from the Smart TV apps (Netflix and Amazon Prime). I assume I just need to make sure the FiOS box is off so that there isn't a "battle" for which audio to send to the Playbar. Any comments? I know he can watch Netflix through AppleTV, but he prefers the smart App and he also watches Amazon Prime, which his not available on AppleTV.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Well you'll be sending the audio to the Playbar from the TV's optical out. That cable will be sending the audio associated with the video source you are watching. So if that is an on-board TV app that will be fine
Badge +3
That's what I figured....thanks.