Question

Playbar above TV - How high?

• 7 November 2016
  • 3 replies

I am considering purchasing a Playbar. I know you can wall mount it above the TV and the manual says to allow 50mm clearance. What if the TV is on a cabinet below the Playbar? Do I need to allow more than 50mm clearance given the TV will be forward of the Playbar?

I am concerned the TV will block the sound.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Based on the standard guidance for mounting PLAYBAR above a TV, the drive units would be angled down at 45 degrees. The PLAYBAR's cable ports would be on the upper side.
Thanks for the reply.

With the soundbar above the TV, are the seven front speakers angled down or up? I assume they are angled down so I guess I need to make sure there is good gap between the soundbar and TV such that the TV does not block the sound?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
50mm that's about 2 inches. If the TV is forward of the playbar I'd probably put it at least 4 inches (100mm) or so above. But the top botton clearance isn't as critical as the side to size.