Answered

Playback sounds like voice disguising effect.

• 9 September 2017
  • 10 replies

Play at + sub + play1s connected to a LG c7. I'll be watching TV and all of a sudden it will sound like witnesses in a crime show where their voice is disguised. Really bassy, no treble. But it's not playing slow. It's not just the sub. It's so strange! It's like it gets confused with the sample rate?

Switching to another channel and back fixes it immediately.

Any ideas of the cause of this?

It happened when I had tivo. Still happens with the antenna plugged directly into the tv.

Thanks!!!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 September 2017, 07:36

If I were you, I'd try to get the latest beta build, which seems to be fixing a lot of these issues with interpreting the Dolby Digital signal. You can do so by posting a diagnostic in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-sound-on-certain-channels-after-system-update-today-6789926
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

If I were you, I'd try to get the latest beta build, which seems to be fixing a lot of these issues with interpreting the Dolby Digital signal. You can do so by posting a diagnostic in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-sound-on-certain-channels-after-system-update-today-6789926
Any idea when the new update will actually be released? ie: non-beta final release?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Any idea when the new update will actually be released? ie: non-beta final release?

None whatsoever.
Which is why I keep suggesting that people go for that "beta" release.
I am now using the latest beta firmware. It has not fixed this problem.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can share to help fix this. It happens primarily over antenna.
Have you submitted a system diagnostic, and posted the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at? Might be useful if you were to post that number here, so that they know which one to look at, since it wasn't resolved by the beta release.
Diagnostic # 7842097
Thanks. It's important as you've updated the software, and things might have changed. Now we just wait for Sonos to swing by and see if they can figure something out.

Just as a random thought, have you checked to make sure that all the extra audio settings on your TV have been turned off, so that the signal being sent out is "pure"? Some TVs (and I've not looked at yours, so no idea) have extra "surround" effects, and others. There's a mild possibility that settings inside your TV are adjusting the output.
All the sound settings on my TV are off. I just have it sending audio out of the spdif.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Chemdream:

Apologies for the delay in response. Thanks for posting the diagnostic report. I was able to take a closer look and noticed we are currently sending Dolby Digital 5.1 to the PLAYBAR, does this problem occur when you with your TV Audio Output to PCM or Stereo?