Answered

play one surround speakers not working since trying to use tv remote

I just installed a Beam and two new speakers and they worked fine (I think) - I then followed the instructions to set up a tv remote through the SONOS app to control the sound, but now I've lost my surround speakers. When turning the TV remote off again, it hasn't helped. On some programmes - with the TV remote off - I get background programme music coming through the speakers very quietly, but not the whole sound. Can anyone help, thanks
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 May 2019, 22:09

Open up the controller app. Go to ...More and then Settings, then click on Room Settings. Tell us what the name of the room shows as that has your Beam in it....the full line.

Then play something on the TV that has a Dolby Digital signal, something like a recent movie on a movie channel. Again, in the controller app, go to ...More, then Settings, and this time click on "About My Sonos System". Tell us what is on the line under the Beam where it starts with "Audio In:".
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Open up the controller app. Go to ...More and then Settings, then click on Room Settings. Tell us what the name of the room shows as that has your Beam in it....the full line.

Then play something on the TV that has a Dolby Digital signal, something like a recent movie on a movie channel. Again, in the controller app, go to ...More, then Settings, and this time click on "About My Sonos System". Tell us what is on the line under the Beam where it starts with "Audio In:".
Thanks Bruce - no idea what I've done, but in the best techie tradition, I turned everything off to go out, and when I switched it all back on again, bingo, the surround speakers worked. I will keep this all in reserve in case they go again
You may have some potential for wifi interference., then. Generally, unless you turned off the power to the Sonos, then turned it back on, there wouldn't be any change.