Play 5 Wall mount Flexson vertical mount mod

• 2 January 2018
  • 2 replies

I was disappointed to find the Play 5 Flexon mounts did not have the option to mount the speakers vertically. So I custom built a frame without doing any mods to the original mounts themselves. I have attached pics of what I did. Unfortunately I will most likely not be able to respond to comments or questions as I am caring for my elderly parents and other responsibilities but hopefully you will get the idea and be able to build your own. All of the components are made of aluminum except for the strap.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Update: In the Sixth picture of the upper support plate I have a felt/sponge type material to protect the speaker from scratches in that area also. If you look near the plastic retainer under the plate you can see the material. This thickness also raised the plastic retainer so as to have the gel tabs contact the front of the grill better rather than the curved part of the plastic retainer hitting the front of the speaker. The measurements should have read: From bottom of bottom block to top of top block is 7.5", and the support plate obviously should have been 4.75" although that could be most any length as long as you can secure it to the top of the block. (I did not know how to edit the original post)
Hello there, Elmo Beagle. Thanks for posting your mod and welcome to the Community. I am interested to see what other users think or have done in their own living rooms. Thanks again!