Answered

Play 5 TV line in problem

• 23 February 2017
  • 3 replies

I'm having regular problems playing my TV sound through the line-in on my Play 5. The signal cuts out for sometimes 30 seconds or more and always seems to happen when the source volume is low (for example at a quiet point in a film or TV show). Turning the TV volume way up seems to fix the connection but this isn't a great work around. Line-in source level is set to 1 (low). Any help would be most welcome!
icon

Best answer by ratty 23 February 2017, 23:19

You have Autoplay enabled, and the player's auto-stopping when it detects what it thinks is silence.

Try increasing the Line-In level setting (it's actually a measure of the gain). If the sound distorts you've gone too high.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Turn up the TV volume, turn down the input slider on the line-in on the app. Or variations thereof. I suspect there's a happy medium somewhere in there that will resolve this issue.
You have Autoplay enabled, and the player's auto-stopping when it detects what it thinks is silence.

Try increasing the Line-In level setting (it's actually a measure of the gain). If the sound distorts you've gone too high.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
This is likely the line-in level needing to be adjusted up, as ratty suggested. Go ahead and try that out and let us know how it goes, or if you have any other questions. We'll make his as the answer for now.