Answered

Play 1's not working as surrounds

• 8 October 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi,

Tried to setup my playbar last night with my pair of Sonos 1's for surround sound. After a few attempts it eventually setup on the app but nothing comes out of the play 1's, just the playbar. Can you help please? I've submitted a diagnostic - 6622423.

Thanks
Guy
icon

Best answer by John B 9 October 2016, 10:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

What is the source of the sound? Is it in DD5.1 format? Do you get silence for music as well as TV? (For music, have you set the surrounds to "full" rather than "ambient"?)

I would bet there is absolutely nothing wrong here - you are probably just playing a stereo TV source that isn't sending anything to the surround speakers.
What is the source of the sound? Is it in DD5.1 format? Do you get silence for music as well as TV? (For music, have you set the surrounds to "full" rather than "ambient"?)

I would bet there is absolutely nothing wrong here - you are probably just playing a stereo TV source that isn't sending anything to the surround speakers.

Thanks John, you're right. I was streaming but it works fine for DVD. Also, advice for ambient vs full is useful. Thank you.