Answered

Play 1 and Play bar issue

• 15 March 2018
  • 5 replies

I have a play bar, a sub and two play 1's. The app let me set up the play bar, the sub and one of the play 1's no problems. How ever the other play1 connects, but says it is part of the play bar. however NO sound comes out of it. Removed the app. reinstalled the ap. unplugged the play bar. continually tried to add the play one on its own. nothing. any ideas?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 15 March 2018, 21:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

You've got me confused. As far as I'm aware, only a stereo pair can be added to the PLAYBAR, as surrounds. You can, however, group a single PLAY:1 with the room that has the PLAYBAR in it.

I think there's a couple of things you need to do. First, set up the two PLAY:1s as a stereo pair, and then add them as surrounds to your PLAYBAR. Once that's done, make sure the PLAYBAR is getting a Dolby Digital signal from your TV, and you should hear sounds out of the PLAY:1s. If you're playing music, it's probably preferable to set them up as "Full", rather than "Ambient" for music purposes, a setting that's fairly deep in the controller under the area where you include the surrounds.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Airgetlam is correct about adding surrounds to a PLAYBAR. It should appear as a stereo pair first and then you add to the PLAYBAR. If you are having a problem with the PLAY:1 not connecting for some reason, you could factory reset the "problematic" PLAY:1 to get it back to "square one" and then, set it up just like a new device. Then after following Bruce's steps, you should be able to get this set up rockin'.

If you run into any problems in the process, be sure to let us know where in the process you got caught up and, if possible, submit a diagnostic report. Be sure to reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end. I can take a closer look and advise. Thanks!
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1107/kw/Factory%20reset/

Airgetlam is correct about adding surrounds to a PLAYBAR. It should appear as a stereo pair first and then you add to the PLAYBAR. If you are having a problem with the PLAY:1 not connecting for some reason, you could factory reset the "problematic" PLAY:1 to get it back to "square one" and then, set it up just like a new device. Then after following Bruce's steps, you should be able to get this set up rockin'.

If you run into any problems in the process, be sure to let us know where in the process you got caught up and, if possible, submit a diagnostic report. Be sure to reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end. I can take a closer look and advise. Thanks!

How do i factory reset the play1?