Question

Pitfalls associated with mounting a play bar beneath the TV on the TVs mount

• 1 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I am planning on mounting my new Sonos soundbar below the TV using the TV’s wall mount. I am using a full motion Sanus tv mount which can extend 30”s from the wall. I will incorporate the recommended Sonos brackets.  The TV mount is a “beast” and can easily handle the combined weight of the TV and Playbar. The Sanus mount will be bolted directly to studs and will be very secure. Other than assuring the mount can handle the weight, are there any known pitfalls, risks or performance degradations (eg, vibration issues) associated with placing the Playbar on the TV’s wall mount.

Craig

1 reply

Hi Craig

My playbar hangs below my TV on a mount attached to an arm which sounds a lot like your setup. It sounds great!

It used to sit above my old TV , due to the rear profile of the TV, and to my ears it sounded like it was lacking some bass, but underneath, it sounds fine. That's probably due to the relative positioning of the bar to my seating position.

I don't get any vibration issues, just make sure all of the fixings are good and tight when you set it up and periodically after that.