Question

Picture and sound out of sync.

• 15 July 2020
  • 3 replies

After about 15 to 30 minutes the picture is ahead of the sound by as much as 0.5 seconds.  Turing the TV off, weaiting a few seconds and turning it back on re-synchs the two.  Is there a fix for this?  I moved my Sonos Boost from connected to the router on the second floor to connected to a signal extender pod next to the TV on the first floor, with little to no improvement.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Tony from NJ.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. 

I would like to recommend rebooting the TV and Sonos system by unplugging it from power and plugging it back after 10-15 secs to try and refresh their connectivity. Try to observe after doing this basic troubleshooting step and see if the issue persist.

I would like to share with you this guide on how to fix common audio and video sync delays. 

If after following the recommendations above and still the audio and video sync issue have not been resolved, I would suggest to submit a diagnostic while the issue is on-going and take note of the confirmation number.

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

I have same issue with arc and Sony pled… I do full reboot of cable box and seems better but then goes back to out of sync within the hour.   I will try the guide on audio delays and hopefully there is a fix somewhere!  Thanks!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @freddyboy.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to recommend trying the 

guide on how to fix common audio and video sync delays. 

If after following the recommendation above and still the audio and video sync issue have not been resolved, I would suggest to submit a diagnostic while the issue is on-going and take note of the confirmation number.

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,