Patch 14.10 Solve Surround Speakers & Sub Dropping Issue

• 22 June 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

As a SONOS Theatre System owner/user, I am very glad and relieved to share that the long waited 14.10 patch had solved my Surround Speakers and Double Subs dropping out issue. I had been tested it for one day by changing between PS5, Netflix and Broadcast TV and the connection stays strong without a single dropout till this point. This is something commendable. Also, quite a no. of users and myself included feel that the surround speakers sound better and more pronounce after deploying the 14.10 patch which is a great bonus to the fix.

At the same time, I would also like to inform that I am so glad not to follow SONOS tech support staff’s instructions to meddle with my WiFi network settings because it has nothing to do with my dropout issue. Who knows the repercussion of modifying the network has to my other IoT devices. Importantly, the dropout resolved itself automatically after the 14.10 patch has been installed and the performance has been great so far. My customer feedback to SONOS, if one or two customers complain on an issue, the cause might be their network or home set-up. However, if ten customers complain of a similar issue, I think it is time to look back at your hardware or software instead of conveniently point the cause to the customer’s side. This pissed me off tremendously as a customer. Also, I would want to stress again that I did not have such dropout issue prior to 14.6 patch installation and everything was great before this patch.

Finally, I am so glad that this 14.10 came in time before I sell off my entire SONOS theatre system cheaply. For customers having the same surround speakers and sub dropout issue, I think this 14.10 update should resolve your pain and agony. Personally, I love this SONOS theatre system (1 x ARC, 2 x Gen3 Subs, 2 x ONEs and 1 x BOOST) when it is performing to what it is supposed to do and the sound quality is among the best. The double GEN3 subs with Trueplay turned on ROCKS! However, this scare will make me think twice of installing future software/firmware updates.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

I’m new to Sonos!

I purchased the Sonos Immersive set (Arc+Sub+LS+RS) two weeks ago.  I was so unhappy after getting it set up with the drops and out-of-sync issues.  I even went out to Bestbuy and got me the Sonos Boost.  Also, I set static IPs for all of my Sonos devices. That didn’t solve the issues.  I felt like I dropped around $2k on a complete garbage sound system.

After installing 14.10 this morning, everything has been going strong so far. So far so good!  I hope this firmware does this trick.  I’ve been running the system for 4hrs and everything seems fine.

Badge +5

Same here. I owned a Playbase for some years, and a few weeks ago I bought a Sub. Disconnects all the time,

Now I installed 8.10 this morning, and until now no disconnects.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I am curious if the dropouts you are speaking of are only referring to the drop of the sub and rears? I have been experiencing a dropout of all audio recently, pretty much exclusively on Netflix, and wondering if anyone sees the same issue being fixed with 14.10

Badge +5

I do not have rear speakers. 

I had (very often) a disconnect (and connects) between my SubGen 3 and my playbase. I have not observed any dependency on the source.

Until now, I have not seen any disconnects.

I am curious if the dropouts you are speaking of are only referring to the drop of the sub and rears? I have been experiencing a dropout of all audio recently, pretty much exclusively on Netflix, and wondering if anyone sees the same issue being fixed with 14.10

I haven’t had an issue so far from my system. I’m running the Arc+Sub+LS+RS (Ones) from my Samsung Q80T tv.  My Sonos is like 2 weeks old.  I had the sub and rears drop out after a few min.  With the new firmware 14.10, I had no drops since the release.  

My rears had a little issue initially connecting when it received the update.  I did a factory reset on both of them.  When I reconnect the rears, the Sonos app went through the firmware update even though it read 14.10 from the “About My System” page.  From then on, no issues or drops.

Try removing the device, factory reset, and add it back on.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yeapz. My dropouts refer to the surround speakers and my twin subs. 1 year ago before the 14.6 patch issue, I got intermittent dropouts when the system connected to my room WiFi. After I got the BOOST and transfer my SONOS system to the Boost, the intermittent dropouts issue is basically resolved. Until the 14.6 comes in with permanent dropout. Now with the 14.10 deployed, the dropouts are of non existence till now. I am still using the BOOST to connect my SONOS system instead of the room WiFi.

Badge +5

And now my sub is disconnected. Lets see if, and when it comes back.

Grrrrrr.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

As a SONOS Theatre System owner/user, I am very glad and relieved to share that the long waited 14.10 patch had solved my Surround Speakers and Double Subs dropping out issue. I had been tested it for one day by changing between PS5, Netflix and Broadcast TV and the connection stays strong without a single dropout till this point. This is something commendable. Also, quite a no. of users and myself included feel that the surround speakers sound better and more pronounce after deploying the 14.10 patch which is a great bonus to the fix.

At the same time, I would also like to inform that I am so glad not to follow SONOS tech support staff’s instructions to meddle with my WiFi network settings because it has nothing to do with my dropout issue. Who knows the repercussion of modifying the network has to my other IoT devices. Importantly, the dropout resolved itself automatically after the 14.10 patch has been installed and the performance has been great so far. My customer feedback to SONOS, if one or two customers complain on an issue, the cause might be their network or home set-up. However, if ten customers complain of a similar issue, I think it is time to look back at your hardware or software instead of conveniently point the cause to the customer’s side. This pissed me off tremendously as a customer. Also, I would want to stress again that I did not have such dropout issue prior to 14.6 patch installation and everything was great before this patch.

Finally, I am so glad that this 14.10 came in time before I sell off my entire SONOS theatre system cheaply. For customers having the same surround speakers and sub dropout issue, I think this 14.10 update should resolve your pain and agony. Personally, I love this SONOS theatre system (1 x ARC, 2 x Gen3 Subs, 2 x ONEs and 1 x BOOST) when it is performing to what it is supposed to do and the sound quality is among the best. The double GEN3 subs with Trueplay turned on ROCKS! However, this scare will make me think twice of installing future software/firmware updates.

Make sure you turn Auto updates off. My system is rock solid since 14.10 . They messed up stuff initially 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Make sure you turn Auto updates off. My system is rock solid since 14.10 . They messed up stuff initially 

Yeapz. There’s a saying, If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.