Answered

Pass all remote control commands from Beam to TV?

• 17 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi, I understand I can send volume commands from my remote control to my Sony Bravia TV via the Beam over HDMI. This works as expected. However, the Beam obstructs the iR receiver of my TV and so none of the other remote control commands work — channel select, TV guide or up/down/left/right.

Is there any way to pass *all* remote commands to the Sony Bravia via the Beam/HDMI? I would like to keep the Beam in position in front of the TV.

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Edward R 31 July 2018, 14:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, paulcarvill. Sadly that is not possible. I am afraid that you may need to consider relocating the Beam. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Your TV is standing on a shelf/table, correct? Instead of moving the Beam, you might want to consider raising the tv up slightly. One trick to consider is placing something small, sturdy, and uniform...like a hockey puck, under the feet of the tv stand to raise it up an inch or so.

You could also get an IR repeater. Something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Infrared-Remote-Extender/dp/B014EDRH3G/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1533045510&sr=1-4&keywords=ir+repeater&dpID=410jhbzFUQL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch