Question

Panasonic Viera Tools Netflix, 5.1 Output Issue

• 18 December 2015
  • 2 replies

Hello,
I have a panasonic P50S30 series plasma 50". Purchased the Playbar recently and then realized that TV does not pass 5.1 from HDMI sources to Optical. However, since Viera tools have Netflix and Amazon Prime Video apps installed, it is supposed to be able to pass 5.1 DD thru the optical. It DOES in case of Amazon Video but Netflix only does Stereo? wonder if anyone seen a similar issue? Looked up on Netflix support, they say try changing the audio setting. I did not find Audio or CC setting on Viera Netflix App on my TV? Any help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there- I would be inclined to suggest contacting Netflix about this issue- the PLAYBAR is doing exactly what it is told by Netflix so they'd be the ones to ask. Please let me know if you need any further help.
it has been a year since i am dealing with this issue. Netflix keeps saying that your tv doesn't have the latest firmware and panasonic says I do. Netflix folks say I should be able to see options that deal with cc on my smart app. i never see it and then they hit a wall at that point.