Answered

PANASONIC SC-HTB680EBK 3.1 Wireless and Sonos play:1

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply
I have a panasonic TV Viera and I have connected her via HDMI with a PANASONIC SC-HTB680EBK 3.1 soundbar.

I am looking to buy Sonos Play:1 to install it in a different room of the house and I am looking to the option/possibility for it to connect it with the rest of my sound system in order to play music simultaneously.

is there any way this can happen?

Thanks in advance
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 4 December 2018, 15:51

You would not be able to have the two systems play music together without purchasing a Sonos Connect as well. The Connect's optical output would go to the optical input of your soundbar.

Personally, I wouldn't mess with that. If playing the music in both rooms is important to you, then instead of getting a Connect, I'd get a pair of play:1s or Sonos Ones for that room, or replace your soundbar with a Beam. Both options are around the same price as the Connect.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You would not be able to have the two systems play music together without purchasing a Sonos Connect as well. The Connect's optical output would go to the optical input of your soundbar.

Personally, I wouldn't mess with that. If playing the music in both rooms is important to you, then instead of getting a Connect, I'd get a pair of play:1s or Sonos Ones for that room, or replace your soundbar with a Beam. Both options are around the same price as the Connect.
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Deleted...melvimbe posted what I was going to say.;) Too bad we can't see what's up in real time without having to refresh the screen.

Cheers!
Thanks a lot guys

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings