Question

Panasonic Help

• 29 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi

i have a Panasonic sc-ht335 and wondered if Sonos offered a facility that would allow me play songs on my iPhone via the Panasonic system.

to play music, I currently have to make dvd’s / mp3’s which play in alphabetical order.

i would like to control the pangs from my phone and wondered if I could avoid spending a fortune on new speakers and utilise the existing set up to play music

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No, Apple has made a change to iOS that breaks the ability for Sonos to play "from this device".

You could store your music somewhere other than on your phone, and then use a Sonos Port's analog output to connect to an analog input on your Panasonic (assuming it has one), to get the data there.
jasonx4,

Actually, there is a way you can do this and that is to attach the new Sonos ‘Port’ to your Panasonic Home Theatre system. It can be connected in two ways, either over digital coax or Analog RCA Audio-Out from the ‘Port’ to the relevant Audio-In on the Panasonic Receiver.

The new ‘Port’ supports Apple AirPlay v2 and so you could play audio direct from your iPhone/iPad/PC/Mac Airplay supported Apps direct to/through the connected ‘Port’ to your HT device. Assuming that’s what you were hoping to do here.

Hope that assists

You can read more about the Sonos ‘Port’ here...

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/port.html