Question

Pairing tv remote to my playbar

• 24 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Just got a new Sony Bravia x950g tv. I think this tv uses a bluetooth remote and I cannot get it to pair with my sonos playbar. Sony claim the tc comes with a IR blaster in the tv but I cannot get any headway in being able to control the sonos sound through the remote. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

That’s not an acceptable answer. I just got the same tv and can’t figure outback the ir blaster. An article I read says it’s “in the remote” but haven’t been able to get it to work. Anyone have any success?
According to the manual that I looked at on the Sony website, it says the remote control function may vary by country or region. My suggestion therefore is to speak to Sony support to see how you switch from Bluetooth to infrared TV control. I’m not sure if you will need a different type of remote to operate the TV, unless your current remote has the IR blaster built-in?
Userlevel 2
That’s not an acceptable answer. I just got the same tv and can’t figure outback the ir blaster. An article I read says it’s “in the remote” but haven’t been able to get it to work. Anyone have any success?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The Playbar only supports IR remotes, I use a Harmony Hub Ultimate instead of the TV remote to get around this issue: https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/harmony-hub?crid=60