Answered

Pairing Beam with one speaker

• 30 December 2018
  • 2 replies

I'm thinking about purchasing a Beam + Sonos One to go along with it. I know that to achieve surround sound you need to pair two speakers with a sound bar but I was curious to see if I could just amplify the sound of the television/Beam by pairing it with one Sonos One and having it sit on my nightstand. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 December 2018, 05:21

I wouldn't recommend it, although you could try. Since it's not going to be "bonded" (which has a very specific meaning for Sonos) to the Beam as a surround speaker, there might be a slight delay between the sound on the two speakers, around 70 ms. It might sound like the Sonos One was slightly behind the Beam, and be a bit of an echo kind of thing.

This has to do with the way the Sonos system was designed, and there's no way in the system to get around it. Some people hear it, others don't....so that's why I'm using the word "recommend". You might be the kind of person that it doesn't impact.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I wouldn't recommend it, although you could try. Since it's not going to be "bonded" (which has a very specific meaning for Sonos) to the Beam as a surround speaker, there might be a slight delay between the sound on the two speakers, around 70 ms. It might sound like the Sonos One was slightly behind the Beam, and be a bit of an echo kind of thing.

This has to do with the way the Sonos system was designed, and there's no way in the system to get around it. Some people hear it, others don't....so that's why I'm using the word "recommend". You might be the kind of person that it doesn't impact.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Garretjko, did you try this out curious to know what the outcome was?