Question

Only one Play 1 added as surround when setting up Surround System

• 26 June 2017
  • 1 reply

I have tried for hours to add my two Play 1 speakers, but at best only one is showing up as installed. This has been working fine before, but I recently had to replace my Sonos Playbar. I now have a new Playbar and (my old) Sonos Sub, which both are working fine.

I have tried to switch between my both WLANs, 2.4Ghz and 5Ghhz, without success. And I have also successfully setup both speakers as separate speakers and that is working fine, no problem.

I don't know what more to do. I have sent in a Diagnostics file to Sonos support, 7536416.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Flizzy11, welcome to the community. We do often see some issues getting surrounds to work on Ubiquiti access points. By and large it does seem to work eventually but takes quite a lot of restarting before it goes through. Can you try switching the PLAYBAR, SUB and both surrounds off at the power for a minute or two, and then back on? Then, try to add the surround speaker again. If that doesn't help, factory reset the missing surround, and if even that does not do the trick, factory reset the PLAYBAR and set up the whole 5.1 system again.

I would also mention that with a solution like Ubiquiti, it would be the officially recommended configuration to use SonosNet; which is when at least one Sonos device is connected by Ethernet to the router. This means that we no longer rely on a third party access point for the connection back to the network and instead use our own mesh system.