No TV sound

• 2 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Suddenly, after years of working perfectly, I have no TV sound. The optical cable is fine, the red light is visible at the sound bar. No one changed any TV settings and the sound is set for the optical cable. 

2 replies

What’s the source of the video you’re watching? In the past, I’ve had ‘background’ updates on both my TV and cable box that have changed my audio settings, so it’s always worth double checking.

Have you tried streaming music to it, as well?

Finally, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of playing your TV source, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. 

@Huck Finn Thank you for bringing your concerns to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. Per Bruce’s suggestion, I see that you have opened up a case with our phone agents. You can continue your troubleshooting with them, but do not hesitate to bring us any new questions or troubleshooting needs.