Answered

no sound with beam and Direct TV Client

• 17 December 2018
  • 6 replies

set up beam, works with everything, apple tv, smart tv netflix ect, cant get sound from DTV box. checked audio setting on dtv box, tv, beam, no luck, get beautiful pic...no sound, tried otic to HDMI swapped hdmi cables and inputs on tv still no sound. can anyone help? thanks
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 June 2019, 01:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Thank you- that worked.
Scott
That actually sounds like you don't have "AutoPlay" turned on in the room that is the Beam. It should recognize when it's being sent a signal, and turn on that "room" automatically, without you having to choose TV as an input.
This is interesting because I just bought a new LG TV and a new Beam and connected it - same problem also using DirecTV with client. Turned out I launched Tune-In on my iPhone's Sonos app and I had to touch the "TV" button beneath TuneIn. Suddenly got sound from DirecTV
Userlevel 7
Hi timbehr

Make sure the input on your TV is set to the HDMI port that the DTV is connected two when viewing DTV. It appears your Beam is working properly since all other sources seem to have no problem. Also, I'd call DTV Tech Support to see what they have to say as they may have a FAQ answer. You can always come back to this forum if you don't get your issue resolved.

Cheers!
Direct tv client c51 is connected from client to the hdmi port on tv. The beam is connected to the arc hdmi on the tv. Apple TV work great, the apps on the tv (Netflix, Hulu ) works. I’ve changed hdmi cables and hdmi ports. Get sound on Apple TV but not from Dtv box. Audio settings on tv is set to pcm Dolby is turned off on dtv box. I even swapped out the client from another room thinking it may be the dtv box. Still on go.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, timbehr. What type of audio is being sent from your DTV box? Is the box plugged into the TV or the Beam? The more information we have about how everything is connected the better we can help get you pointed in the right direction. Thanks!