Answered

No sound in my home theture with Sonos Connetct

• 14 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Today i bought a Sonos connect and connected it to my exsisting system( 2x sonos1 and 1x sonos5). I find the connect in the app and have it in the group but i cant get any sound from the home theature. I have tried bouth optical and aux. I have Harman Kardon BDS system. Can some one please help me with ideas?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 14 February 2017, 18:53

First, go into the settings for the Connect and make sure the volume setting is 'Fixed'. This will prevent the volume duel between the Connect and the HT that almost always makes it too low.

Second, are you sure the input source on the HT is chosen correctly? When using a digital input, often the input has to be assigned to a certain source to get it to work.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Please would you clarify? Are you trying to stream music from the Connect to the home theatre, or direct the audio from the home theatre to the Connect and so to your existing Sonos Play speakers? If the former, why group anything at this stage? Let's just get something playing through that AV amp.
First, go into the settings for the Connect and make sure the volume setting is 'Fixed'. This will prevent the volume duel between the Connect and the HT that almost always makes it too low.

Second, are you sure the input source on the HT is chosen correctly? When using a digital input, often the input has to be assigned to a certain source to get it to work.
Thank you for answering. Im not sure if i understand what you mean, but what i try to do is stream music from spotify in the app to my home theature.
OK then what @jgatie says is what you need to check. There will be a switch or selector somewhere on your amp to say which input it should take the sound from. So if you have connected the Connect to the Aux input, you have to make sure the amp is set to play from the Aux input.
@jgatie @john B Thanks for the help, it was the problem with fixed volume.