Answered

No sound from Play 1

• 15 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello there

Diagnostics: 2113276301

We have a stereo pair of Play One set up as surround sound in a room along with a sub and a Playbar. One of the Play Ones has stopped producing sound completely. I can still control the volume of the room with it but there is no sound from the unit. I’ve tried switching it on and off and performing a factory reset on it with no result. Can you please advise what else I can do to get it to work? Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 16 October 2021, 00:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

If you performed a factory reset, did you set up the Play:1 in the Sonos app again? If so, and you see both Play:1s in the Sonos app, you might try unplugging the Playbar from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router. Then try to add the Play:1s as surrounds to the Playbar again.

This happened to me just yesterday with both my Beam/Play 1s and my Playbar/Play 1s. Was getting an update error 1101 as well. Rebooted modem, mesh routers as well as my Boost and Switch. Had to factory rreset Beam/Playbar first then add 1s individually then add them as surround. So far so good. Must have been an update with something not playing nice. 

Thank you, thank you! All speakers are now working! 

Userlevel 7

If the Play:1s are still bonded to the Playbar as surrounds, remove (unbond) them from the Playbar first. Then unplug the Playbar from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router. Then add the Play:1s back as surrounds.

Thanks for your reply. I will try this tomorrow. We can see both Play 1s in the app as part of the room - it just doesn’t produce any sound. 

Userlevel 7

If you performed a factory reset, did you set up the Play:1 in the Sonos app again? If so, and you see both Play:1s in the Sonos app, you might try unplugging the Playbar from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router. Then try to add the Play:1s as surrounds to the Playbar again.