Answered

No sound from Play 1

• 15 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello there

Diagnostics: 2113276301

We have a stereo pair of Play One set up as surround sound in a room along with a sub and a Playbar. One of the Play Ones has stopped producing sound completely. I can still control the volume of the room with it but there is no sound from the unit. I’ve tried switching it on and off and performing a factory reset on it with no result. Can you please advise what else I can do to get it to work? Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 16 October 2021, 00:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

If you performed a factory reset, did you set up the Play:1 in the Sonos app again? If so, and you see both Play:1s in the Sonos app, you might try unplugging the Playbar from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router. Then try to add the Play:1s as surrounds to the Playbar again.

Thanks for your reply. I will try this tomorrow. We can see both Play 1s in the app as part of the room - it just doesn’t produce any sound. 

Userlevel 7

If the Play:1s are still bonded to the Playbar as surrounds, remove (unbond) them from the Playbar first. Then unplug the Playbar from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router. Then add the Play:1s back as surrounds.

Thank you, thank you! All speakers are now working! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

If you performed a factory reset, did you set up the Play:1 in the Sonos app again? If so, and you see both Play:1s in the Sonos app, you might try unplugging the Playbar from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router. Then try to add the Play:1s as surrounds to the Playbar again.

This happened to me just yesterday with both my Beam/Play 1s and my Playbar/Play 1s. Was getting an update error 1101 as well. Rebooted modem, mesh routers as well as my Boost and Switch. Had to factory rreset Beam/Playbar first then add 1s individually then add them as surround. So far so good. Must have been an update with something not playing nice.