Question

No Sound from HDMI input devices

• 29 December 2017
  • 1 reply

I am having trouble setting up two new playbases, both of which do not play any sound from a hdmi device connected to the TV (both are Rokus). The playbase works fine with antenna TV stations, so I know the optical connection is good, and the TV speakers can play audio from the roku devices. I have tried every audio setting on the roku, including PCM-stereo, Dolby, Dolby+, DTS, and DTS+, to no avail. I have read there might be issues with the TV passing 5.1 audio from HDMI inputs to optical due to HDCP, but I thought I would at least be able to hear 2.0 audio from the Sonos. Does anyone have any suggestions?
My TV models are Sony KDL-40V2500 and Sony KDL-46S4100

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, willsides. Welcome to the community. It seems you are correct, I have just done some reading of my own, the literature suggests that the television is unable to pass the 5.1 audio through to the optical port. Have you contacted the television manufacturer to see if they can provide any further advice? This would be my next port-of-call.