Question

No sound after exiting internal app or switching from HDMI port back to LIVE TV

• 3 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi 

Still having this annoying issue where after watching something and switching back to “live TV” I get no sound output from ARC, I have to switch to another hdmi input and back to live TV for it to kick in.

When I say “live TV” I mean the internal freeview tuner on my LG CX.

This can happen sometimes when exiting an internal app like Netflix or watching a movie on my oppo203.

I’m not sure where the issue lies, but it’s like the ARC is not getting the command to switch back to “TV”

Has anyone else encountered this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

The Sonos Arc cannot tell the difference between an internal app and “live tv”, its the same input, though likely with a different kind of audio signal.

Sounds more like a bug in the TV, and as the work-around is switching inputs, that would confirm it. Call LG and see what they say. Are you running the latest TV firmware?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

The Sonos Arc cannot tell the difference between an internal app and “live tv”, its the same input, though likely with a different kind of audio signal.

Sounds more like a bug in the TV, and as the work-around is switching inputs, that would confirm it. Call LG and see what they say. Are you running the latest TV firmware?

Yep.

I was thinking it could be the TV, perhaps a few firmwares might sort it. Luckily it doesn't happen all the time so just a minor annoyance really.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Just an update on this, although early days, I switched out the sonos hdmi cable for a premium certified cable I had and so far not had the issue occur when switching between devices and ports on TV.