No Digital Inputs on Connect

• 29 December 2012
  • 8 replies

Connect inputs eliminate my cable TV digital input. I bought the Connect to turn my home theater system into steaming system but it eliminated my digital audio connection from my cable box. There is no digital in, only a digital out. I have high def cable box with digital out and if I use Connect, I sacrifice the digital audio connection to the speakers because the Connect only has RCA input. Digital in would be nice improvement

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

For a solution now, you can purchase a DAC for around $25, which will convert digital to analog.
Badge +2
Is there anything planned with digital input?! The Playbar with it's current feature set isn't usable for me at all (no DTS in a home entertainment device) and I've the Connect, but I need a digital input for this device.
I am not personally attached to it being the Connect that gains a digital in, what I really want is a device with a digital input that allows me to send signal in to my sonos network. The soundbar offers this so can we assume that more devices in the future will? The perfect device for me would be something like the bridge that also had digital in, then all the av equipment other than the speakers could go in a closet...
you need to add the ability to utilize more inputs Sonos is a wonderfull product and i love selling them BUT you need to be adding inputs so this critter can replace Recievers . ok maybe your subscription services will frown on this But they do not buy your product
the market needs more inputs WAKE UP
look at the connect 1 input and 3 out puts sounds like a language problem in the design stage Hopefully nobody did this on pupose
BTW a mixer is cheaper than a connect you need to be in this ballpark
Four years later......still no digital inputs (should be optical) on the CONNECT.

Sonos - please tell me how I am supposed to feed an optical Xfinity output into my Sonos system?
Using a Playbar or Playbase, the devices that they designed for TV use?
+1 Sonos Connect needs at least 1 digital input, preferably TOSlink. I want to put the connect between my TV and my existing 5.1 system. Using a DAC loses the surround sound info and reduces to just stereo input.
+1 Sonos Connect needs at least 1 digital input, preferably TOSlink. I want to put the connect between my TV and my existing 5.1 system. Using a DAC loses the surround sound info and reduces to just stereo input.Why does it need to go between TV and 5.1 system? What do you hope to gain from that?