Answered

No Audio via Arc when switching TV Source

• 6 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi all, I have had the Sonos Arc and HDFury Arcana for 6 months and absolutely love both products. I have not had a problem until recently.

Now when switching inputs between Live TV and the Apple TV via HDMI, I receive the Picture, but no Audio. For example, If I turn on the TV with Live TV as the input, then switch to Apple TV. I receive Video, but no Audio. It doesn't seem to matter which input is selected on start up.

I have a Samsung Q75R, ATV 4K and Sonos Arc, connected via HDFury Arcana for eArc. 

I have tried fully resetting and reconfiguring absolutely every component, purchased all brand new HDMI cables.

The only way to restore both Audio and Video is to unplug the Arc from the Arcana for a few seconds.

To stop my daily frustrations was to remove the Arcana from the equation. 

I contacted Sonos Support yesterday and the lovely chap thought the Apple TV was a separate TV Display and couldn't understand why I was connecting the Arc to two separate TV’s. Needless to say, we didn't get anywhere.

Hoping somebody out there has experienced the same.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 April 2021, 05:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Is it only when you switch to the Apple TV that you lose audio? Does the audio come on eventually after some time has passed? Are you using an HDMI switch with the Arcana?

Is it only when you switch to the Apple TV that you lose audio? Does the audio come on eventually after some time has passed? Are you using an HDMI switch with the Arcana?

Thanks for your interest, GuitarSuperstar.

I lose audio to whatever the secondary input is after start up. e.g If I start up watching Live TV, then switch to ATV I don't receive ATV audio. If I start up with ATV, and switch to Live TV, I don't receive Live TV Audio.

I was hoping that there might have been a delay, but can wait at least a minute and still don't receive Audio. The Arcana just says that: No eARC/ARC detected. Unplug the Sonos from the Arcana, plug back in and instant audio.

I don't have any additional HDMI Switches. I have Set everything up as per HDFury’s diagrams

From TV - HDMI 3 ARC to Arcana TV input

From ATV to Arcana HDMI Input

From Arcana to Sonos Arc via eARC output

The frustrating thing is that everything has worked flawlessly since day 1, and for seemingly no reason it's started doing this. :triumph:

Userlevel 7

Have you tried unplugging everything from power for about a minute? Does the Arcana have the latest firmware installed?

You should also talk to the people on HDFury’s Discord forum about your problem. They are really knowledgeable and helpful:

https://discord.com/invite/yCRdfPw

Yes, and did a full factory reset on all connected devices, purchased a new set of HDMI cables,  Updated Arcana to latest fireware, no change.

Also reached out to their Discord forum and they suspect one of the devices (excl. Arcana) has had a firmware update, but I am no closer to identifying if the TV or the Arc which is causing the issues.