Question

Night Sound IR Code for Playbar and Harmony Remote

• 20 March 2014
  • 5 replies

Is there a way I can program my Harmony remote to send the Night Sound and Speech Enhancement IR commands to the PLAYBAR?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello Chase,

The only IR inputs which the PLAYBAR receives and responds to are for volume control (up, down, and mute). The rest just get transmitted through the IR passthrough.

Cheers
https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/support_arbitrary_ir_remote_commands_to_playbar
Hello Chase,

The only IR inputs which the PLAYBAR receives and responds to are for volume control (up, down, and mute). The rest just get transmitted through the IR passthrough.

Cheers

So what's Sonos' view/stance on adding extra programmable commands as per the post/link below and post above.

Sonos already has the capability and know-how to implement, why not add the feature the make your customers happy.
But I have the harmony elite with the hub, so even when this is not an IR command this should be possible. How can this be done? (By wifi/Bluetooth?)
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I'm also interested in adding this functionality to my Harmony Elite remote. It's the missing pieces to making my setup perfect.