Next upgrade for my 5.1

• 16 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 6 replies

Hi, 

I have a Sonos 5.1 setup. It’s Arc, Sub and two Play Ones. All in all I am very happy with it. 

But my room is kinda big, 60 m2 with 5 meter ceiling. 

Here’s the question: what would be the best upgrade: to get a second sub or replace the Ones with Fives?

I should mention that I also use the system for music quite a lot, and have it set up so the Ones and the Sub are the most audible. I like listening to music in a 5.1 setup; you can sort walk around inside the soundfield rather than sit in a narrow sweetspot of stereo-speakers. (I have a very serious vinyl stereo-setup, that sounds better than Sonos (you know: tubes and preamps, poweramps and cables and phonostages, etc.) but I still use Sonos for 80% of my music listening). 

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Because of your preference for music, I would leave the HT setup as it stands and just add a pair of Sonos Fives to the room, set in their vertical orientation and placed out in front, on either side of your listening position. You can always add a second Sub too later to that pair.. The Fives also each have a line-in port and so you can ‘most likely’ add a line-link to your ‘stereo-setup’ to playback your vinyl collection etc. to any/every Sonos product too.