Question

Newbie: Home Theater Setup

• 17 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi all!

I’m thinking about going with a Sonos based design for a home theater setup in one of my rooms.  I’d love some advice/thoughts on what I’m thinking.  I’m going to get an 85” 4K tv prob a Samsung.  I was thinking of going with a Sonos Arc soundbar, a Sonos Sub, then a Sonos amp to power 2 in ceiling speakers to provide the rear left and right.  

Any thoughts on how this would work, or alternative recommendations?

thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi @cpmiller22@gmail.com 

Your plan is sound. I suggest you follow the the information in the links:

1_Setup you Arc

2_Add a Sonos Sub

3_Add surrounds using the Sonos Amp 

• Amp works with traditional 8 ohm bookshelf speakers as well as pairs of 6 or 4 ohm speakers. This also applies to in-ceiling speakers)

When setting up the Sonos Amp it will also prompt if you want to add a sub and/or surrounds for a seamless integration in sequential steps. 

Note: In-ceiling speakers used as surrounds should be positioned slightly behind the seating area. Use of in-ceiling speakers limits the positioning of the seating area to maintain the surround effect. In short rearrangement of the furniture is significantly hindered.