Question

new to Sonos, questions about LFE output on the amp

• 24 June 2020
  • 6 replies

I am moving to a new home and would like to purchase a Sonos system. However my home has some limitations that necessitate a bit of a custom setup.

I would like to run sonos ARC for my LCR

Sonos amp to power rear surround (in-ceiling)

I would also like the Amp to feed an lfe signal to my subwoofer. 

This is where things get fuzzy, there following article states it can’t be done:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2237?language=en_US

“Note that the Subwoofer and Line-In connections are disabled when Connect:Amp is used as surrounds.”

However it appears to be referencing the old Connect:Amp. I would like to know if my setup is viable. Unfortunately sonos subs are simply not an option due to how large the space is

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

No, if either the CONNECT:AMP or the Sonos Amp is powering surround speakers, both the line in and the subwoofer output are turned off.

Is that a software or hardware limitation, meaning is there a reasonable chance this will be resolved?

It’s been a request since I’ve joined these forums, so I’d think if it was just a software limitation, they’d have implemented a change already. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @baltik 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and welcome to the Sonos community.

I would be more happy to send this as an addition to the feature request @Airgetlam mentioned. Just to set your expectation, we do not have any turn-around-time on this but rest assured this will be sent up to our engineering department for feature request information gathering. The best suggestion I could provide is to subscribe to this thread, monitor announcements for you to be updated on the latest features and update release.

Please let us know if you have further questions and /or concerns.

Thanks,

Thanks Paul, that’s a great response. I’ll hold off on buying a traditional receiver in the hopes this is something your team can add.

thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @baltik,

You’re welcome.

Please let us know if you have further questions and /or concerns. We will always happily assist.

Thanks,