Question

New to Playbar + Sub...Help (if possible)

• 1 January 2017
  • 4 replies

Connecting additional Sonos system

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Oops, sorry guys...new to the forums and didn't realize description was where the main body of the comment is to go. With that being said....

I have a Gen1 Sonos Play 5 and loved it and decided to purchase the Playbar and Sub for my home theatre setup. I really am happy with the sound and ease of setting the Playbar + Sub up with my TV. My issue however, is that my Gen1 Sonos Play5 is no longer useful in the sense that I can not add it to the theater setup.

Is it possible to link the Gen1 Play 5 to my home theater to use it as another channel, such as rear channel? I have the option to add a pair of Play 1, 3, or 5(Gen2) to setup surround but cannot find any way to just simply add my Gen1 Play5 to the system.

Is it not possible, or am I missing something? I hope it can be done, if not, my Play 5 will be woefully underused :'(

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
The Gen 1 Play:5 predates the 5 GHz wireless the Playbar needs for low latency synching with video. So it cannot be used as a surround speakerr.
I have a router that supports 2.4/5ghz wireless, but I take it that I still won't be able to utilize the Gen1 Play5 in the home theater setup?
I have a router that supports 2.4/5ghz wireless, but I take it that I still won't be able to utilize the Gen1 Play5 in the home theater setup?

The router is not the concern, it's the direct connection setup between the Playbar and other surround components that needs to be 5 GHz.