Answered

New Home

• 13 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Question - moved into a new home with five existing speakers for basement living room.  I have a roku, samsung TV and two new sonos AMP’s.  Can I make this work or do I need a playbar or a home theater receiver to drive any of it?  I don’t have a spot for a play bar as the built in speaker is directly above the wall mounted TV.  Can I go optical out of the tv to HDMI to the sonos amp to make it work together.  Just wanted some clarification before I need to start ripping things apart.  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by jgatie 13 May 2020, 14:38

You can use 4 out of the 5 speakers (not the center) to get 4.0 and a phantom center.  One Amp for the front left/right speakers, connected to the TV by HDMI-ARC or this adapter for optical.  The second Amp is for the rear surrounds.  You can also add a Sonos Sub or a third party sub connected to the front Amp’s subwoofer output.  

View original

3 replies

You can use 4 out of the 5 speakers (not the center) to get 4.0 and a phantom center.  One Amp for the front left/right speakers, connected to the TV by HDMI-ARC or this adapter for optical.  The second Amp is for the rear surrounds.  You can also add a Sonos Sub or a third party sub connected to the front Amp’s subwoofer output.  

I’ll give it shot tonight - Thanks!!!

Worked - Thanks!