Answered

New Hardware "Compatibility"...?

I've decided 100% I'm getting Sonos for my living room for 5.1, I already have my AVR, speakers and sub for sale. I was going to grab a playbar butthen thought I'd wait until June to see what the announcement is.

So my question is, I have been just offered a 6 month old immaculate condition Sonos SUB from a friend of a friend for €450 (bargain) and am wondering if people would be fairly certain that it would be compatible with the yet to be announced "home theatre speaker", presumablly the replacemnt to the playbar...? I'd love to grab this today for €450 but dont want to waste my money either!

Thought anyone?

Cheers
Gordon
icon

Best answer by jgatie 16 May 2018, 16:04

Sonos has never released any devices that are not compatible with older devices. I would bet the farm that the old Sub will work with any new Sonos hardware.

View original

4 replies

Sonos has never released any devices that are not compatible with older devices. I would bet the farm that the old Sub will work with any new Sonos hardware.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Agreed. The only think I would think twice about buying is a playbar or playbase.
Yeah i kind ok thought that but I am completely new to the community so thought I'd better get some educated guesses! Thanks a million, i'll grab the sub and hope that a nice new hdmi enabled white playbar is announced!!!
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Flashf1 wrote:

Yeah i kind ok thought that but I am completely new to the community so thought I'd better get some educated guesses! Thanks a million, i'll grab the sub and hope that a nice new hdmi enabled white playbar is announced!!!

I wish they would troll us all and announce the release of an electric pink HDMI, DTS, Dolby+ Playbar/Playbase!

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)